Take advantage of plum season with this delicious gluten free Plum Cobbler!
This recipe is a summer favourite I make every plum season. Its sweet, tart and delicious and best served with some kind of cream. Either, ice cream or whipped cream. I usually serve it with whipped coconut cream.
For the Plum Filling
500g Plums, cut de-seeded, but no need to peel
2 tbsp Coconut Sugar (jaggery can also be used)
2 tbsp Tapioca Starch (corn starch is also an option)
1 pinch salt
For the Topping:
1/4 C Almond flour (ground almonds can be used also)
1/4 C Ground Walnuts
1/4 C Tapioca Starch
1/4 C Coconut Sugar
1/4 C Ghee or Coconut Oil (for vegan option)
1. Preheat your oven at 200 degrees C
2. Toss the plums with the coconut sugar, tapioca and salt
3. Mix the ingredients for the topping together until they form a flaky crumble.
4. Place your plums into a round 8" dish and sprinkle the topping on top.
5. Bake at 200 degrees (heat from the bottom) for 45 minutes.
Serve warm or cool with vanilla ice cream or coconut cream.