Super easy to make and absolutely delicious. This salad is full of vitamins, a huge host of raw veggies and healthy protein. For a vegan option just omit the chicken!
- 2 chicken breasts, shredded (for vegan option just omit the chicken, option to add tofu as well!)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1tbsp soya sauce
- 3 cups thinly sliced asian cabbage (option to use white cabbage or salad leaves as well)
- 2 cups thinly sliced purple cabbage
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 1 bundle green onions, thinly sliced on an angle
- 1 yellow pepper (red or green works too!)
- 4 Tbsp soya sauce (or option to use coconut aminos, we usually get gluten free soya sauce)
- 3 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 3 Tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 2Tbsp Honey
- 1 Tbsp fresh grated ginger
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp sesame seeds, slightly toasted
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, slightly toasted
- Put your chicken, olive oil and soya sauce into a pressure cooker. Put on medium heat for 3 whistles. Remove steam and allow to cool. Once cooled, take two forks and shred the chicken.
- In the meantime, combine all dressing ingredients. You can put them all in a jar and shake them or smash them together in a bowl with a spoon or whisk.
- Shred all of your veggies and toss them together in a bowl. Add the shredded chicken as well.
- On medium heat put your sesame seeds and almonds on a pan and toast until lightly brown (3-5 min)
- Add your nuts and seeds to the salad and pour the dressing over. Toss to combine. Flavour with pepper if you like. Serve immediately.